Join Our Team
Buyer - Supply Chain
Acuva Technologies is a fast-growing water purification technology company located in Vancouver, BC.
Our mission is to provide clean drinking water for the 1.8 billion people worldwide whose water source is microbial contaminated, and we are doing this by developing the next generation of water purifiers, operating with cutting-edge UV-LED technology.
Our vision is to transform the water purification industry for drinking water applications by launching disruptive technologies and products, while enabling new water disinfection applications.
Acuva is committed to building a team that
represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are,
the better our work will be. If you’re smart and good at what you do, come as
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume, portfolio and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Acuva Technologies would like to thank all applicants, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Acuva Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information about Acuva please visit www.acuvatech.com.
Reporting to the Director of Manufacturing & Quality, the Production Engineer is part of a cross-functional team that assists on various projects in Engineering and Manufacturing. He/she will establish validation standards, develop testing protocols, design and build optical and pressure testing equipment, document test results and maintain records for later analysis. The Production Engineer will help production setup and prepare for high volume operations in our facilities, locally and internationally.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with excellent time management skills who has the ability to multitask effectively, meet deadlines and communicate clearly (verbally and in writing) with others.
This position is based on-site at our Head Office location in Burnaby, BC.
If you enjoy being hands-on in a fast-paced environment and are looking to grow with a leading-edge technology company, this is the job for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategic sourcing to identify, negotiate and secure critical electronic components, accessories and CMs
- Contact vendors, place orders, verify delivery status, manage purchase requisitions, and determine expected delivery dates
- Identify new suppliers, supply agreements and price negotiations
- Materials management across multiple jurisdictions and countries to ensure quality, timely and cost-effective product development and assembly in a high growth environment
- Monitor project delivery timelines, check work quality against company requirements and specifications and ensure compliance with regulations
- Compile, record and report project performance and progress to management and key stakeholders
- Participate in international supplier calls outside of regular business hours as needed
- Potential travel to international supplier facilities
- A proven track record in strategic sourcing, purchasing, supplier development, forecasting and materials management
- ERP knowledge including inventory, purchasing, and bill of materials in Microsoft Dynamics or similar system
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word)
- Experience with common continuous improvement systems including APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) including PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) methodologies and tools
- Experience working with international suppliers (India and China would be an asset)
Education & Experience
- 3+ years experience in supply chain, electronics component buying, manufacturing and outsourced manufacturing operations
- Degree, diploma or certification in supply chain or related business discipline
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive Salary with Health Benefits for you and your family
- Performance Bonus
- Inclusive and Collaborative work environment
- Employee Recognition Program
- Team Building Events
- And so much more!