Join Our Team
Application Security Engineer
Acuva Technologies is a fast-growing water purification technology company located in Vancouver, BC. Our mission is to provide clean drinking water for the 1.8 billion people worldwide whose water source is microbial contaminated, and we are doing this by developing the next generation of water purifiers, operating with cutting-edge UV-LED technology. Our vision is to transform the water purification industry for drinking water applications by launching disruptive technologies and products, while enabling new water disinfection applications.
Acuva is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. If you’re smart and good at what you do, come as you are!
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Acuva Technologies would like to thank all applicants, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Acuva Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information about Acuva please visit www.acuvatech.com
Part of our Engineering and Product Management team, the Application Security Engineer is a technical role with hands-on engineering requirements. She/he will be a motivated self-starter who is results oriented, a natural in building positive strong relationships, and a team player.
We are on a mission embracing DevSecOps culture to provide efficient and secure deployment pipelines for our enterprise compliance solutions. We recognize direct security integration into the software delivery cycle is essential to prevent vulnerabilities, ability to quickly adapt to new compliance regulations, and safely enable on demand deployments. We understand compliance checklists alone cannot protect our customers, vendors, and partners from malicious attacks and breaches. We are looking for a passionate developer and pentester to keep our customers and stakeholders safe.
A great communicator who loves breaking and fixing applications? If that describes you, this is the job for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Guide penetration testing engagements and create new testing methods and exploits
- Research and report vulnerabilities in the product and infrastructure of Trulioo
- Monitor and constantly improve the security posture of the cloud environment
- Automate security controls and reduce response and recovery times
- Collaborate with development, quality assurance, operation and compliance teams to understand and resolve security issues
- Monitor and handle security alerts and assist teams with investigations
- Regularly attend standups, architecture discussions and design reviews for upcoming projects
- Understanding of product security principles and development lifecycle
- Able to solve complex problems with a strong security mindset
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networks, primarily focused on application layer protocols
- Hands on technical experience with Windows, Linux and Cloud technologies (AWS)
- Experience with web applications and backend services, including API design, access management, authorization, authentication, data protection and encryption
- Experience with product security tools, dependency scanning, SAST, DAST and vulnerability management
- Experience with security operations tools (SIEM, IDS, IPS, Firewall etc.)
- Experience with embedded security in CI/CD implementations
- Ability to balance multiple, competing priories and deadlines
Education & Experience
- 2+ years security experience with appropriate education
Salary and Benefits
- Working in an exciting fast-paced environment with world leading, break-through technology
- Competitive Salary with Health Benefits for you and your family
- Inclusive and Collaborative work environment
- Career Advancement through on-the-job training and mentoring
- Employee Recognition Program
- Team Building Events
- And so much more!